About Shared Test Assets
Shared test assets let you use assets from one Project to another Project. This can be useful in these situations:
- When more than one Project needs to use the same test artifacts
- When testing teams want to be able to access and pin other test artifacts in separate projects as reference.
Share Test Assets in QMetry
QMetry allows sharing test assets across projects. Users can share requirements, test case and issues in other projects. If a test asset is moved to another project, it will no more be available in the source project. All its association in the source project will also be removed.
- Requirements can be shared through linking with Test Case.
- Test Cases can be shared through linking with Requirement & Test Suite.
- Issues can be shared through linking with Requirement & Test Executions.
Places in QMetry from where test assets can be shared:
Sharing test assets works like this
For shared test assets, assets from a source project are linked as reference in a destination project. Cross project teams can refer such test assets linked in the destination project in support of original entities.
The linkage stops working if –
- The linked asset is archived/deleted
- The linked asset is moved from source project
Also refer to Reuse Test Cases / Shareable Test Cases.