Sometimes, users need to link the huge number of test cases on the story/test scenario/test run based on labels, sprint, component, custom fields, etc and they have to add it manually one-by-one which will be quite annoying. However, a user can use Advanced option for filtering the issues as per his requirement. Advanced filter supports JQL and allows users to search the issues based upon JQL. Below are few examples of linking test cases using the advanced filter.
Adding test cases on the story using an advanced filter.
- In this example, we are using the Jira fields "Labels" to filter out the test cases which have High priority, a user can define any Jira fields depend on his/her requirements.
- On the story issue detail page, click on Reuse > Advance.
- Enter the essential JQL > Select the issue > Submit.
Adding test cases on the test run using an advanced filter.
- Go to test run issue detail page > Add > Test Case > Advance.
- JQL "Sprint = 4 AND assignee in (Aakash)" will return the list of test cases which are in Sprint 4 and has been assigned to Aakash.
Adding test cases on test scenario using an advanced filter.
- Go to test scenario issued detail page > Resuse Test Cases > Advance.
- JQL status = "In Progress" AND priority = High, will return the list of test cases which in 'in progress' status and have High priority.