Currently, Jira does not support creating cloned projects as mentioned in this article. However, Jira allows the user to create an identical project to the existing one by using 'Create with shared configurations'. To create a project with share configuration follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to Administration > Projects.
- Click on 'Create Project'.
- Select 'Create with shared configuration'.
- Select an existing project.
- Finalize creating the project.
Creating QMetry enabled project
- Go to QMetry > Configuration > Project.
- Enable 'When creating new Project in JIRA, QMetry Add-on Features will be'.
- Now Create a project with shared configuration as shown above.
This method will enable the QMetry for Jira add-on in the newly created project, even if the add-on was disabled for the existing project. If you want to enable the QMetry Add-on later on then you can disable this option and then enable the QMetry Add-on for the specific project.
NOTE: Only administrators can enable/disable this feature.