To install QMetry over a docker container using a standard non-root user, below steps should be followed before installing QMetry Application and QMetry Reports on their respective servers.
- Create a QMetry User by executing below commands. (Only a user with root privileges can add a user, if you're not using a root privileges user, prefix commands with a 'sudo' ).
- sudo groupadd docker
- sudo useradd qmetry
- sudo passwd qmetry
- sudo usermod -aG docker qmetry
- Enable sudo privileges by executing below commands
- sudo echo 'qmetry ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL' >> /etc/sudoers
- Note: For a non-root user if you get an error while executing this command use : sudo bash -c "echo 'qmetry ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL' >> /etc/sudoers" )
- Copy the QMetry installation files to this user's home directory : e.g : /home/qmetry
- Switch to qmetry user and proceed with installation from the above location.
After following the above steps, you can continue installing QMetry. Refer to QMetry Test Management v8 Install Documents for steps relevant to your installation.
Note : The Docker daemon binds to a Unix socket instead of a TCP port. By default that Unix socket is owned by the user
root and other users can only access it using
sudo. The Docker daemon always runs as the
root user. For more details refer docker official documentation.