Pre-requisites: Supported QMetry-Jira Integration
Below is the support matrix for the QMetry Test Management Jira integration app.
Step 1 : Install App: "Jira Integration - QMetry Enterprise"
Install "JIRA Integration - QMetry Enterprise" app in your Jira Instance. It is free to download.
|Jira Edition||Jira App Availability||Upgrading Jira App|
|Already Installed||Automatic Upgrade. Configuration Required|
|Not Installed||Installation and Configuration Required|
|Already Installed||Upgrade and Configuration Required|
|Not installed||Installation and Configuration Required|
1. Login in Jira with Admin Credentials. Administrator login is required to be able to install the App from Atlassian Marketplace.
2. After login into the Jira, go to the Jira settings option and click on Apps.
In the Apps section, there is an option to find & Install the app from Market place. Search for "Jira Integration - QMetry Enterprise" app.
3. Select the app and click on the Get app button to install it.
4. Click on the Get it now button.
Step 2 : Configuring JIRA app with QMetry Admin
Integrate with QMetry user using QMetry authentication. A QMetry user authenticated with LDAP and SSO login can not be used for Integration. Recommended - Use the system admin (for cloud instances - the user who has registered for the QMetry instance) or administrator (for server customer - user "Admin" is the administrator) user for authentication.
1. After installing the "Jira Integration - QMetry Enterprise" app follow below steps to configure Jira with QMetry. The integration requires QMetry admin credentials.
(1) Go to Jira settings >> (2) QMetry Configuration >> (3) Enter QMetry Admin Credentials and OrgCode >> (4) Test the configuration & Save
2. After clicking on "Test" button, it gives success message if the provided credentials and OrgCode is correct.
3. After clicking on the "Test" button, click on the "Save" button to save the details. After saving, it shows a successful message.
If you are using Cloud version of Jira, the integration app "Jira Integration - QMetry Enterprise" will be displayed as follows in the Jira Apps > Manage Apps section.
If you are on Server or Data Center version of Jira, the integration app "Jira Integration - QMetry Enterprise" will be displayed as follows in the Jira Apps > Manage Apps section.
Step 3 : Verify All Modules are Enabled (only for server or data center Jira editions).
Note: Skip this step if you're using Cloud Jira.
If you are on Server or Data Center version of Jira, then verify that all the modules are enabled on the Manage app screen.
- Go to Jira Apps > Manage Apps section.
- Expand the modules section and make sure that all the modules are enabled.
After the successful configuration with the above steps, QMetry "Integration" section will start showing "JIRA" configured as below.
Login to QMetry >> Integration >> Jira Integration >> Verify Integration URL and Status as "Active"
Step 5 : Integrate Jira Project with A QMetry Project
Refer to this link to Map Jira Projects with QMetry Projects.
Step 6 : Enable QMetry Test case and BDD panels for Jira Projects
Configuration to enable QMetry Test case and BDD panels for Jira Projects. This change is required for all Jira projects that are to be integrated with QMetry.
1. Log into Jira and open your Project. Click on Project Settings on the sidebar.
BDD and Test Case panels are enabled only for the current project (and not all other projects having the same project type).
A similar configuration has to be done for all projects which are integrated with QMetry.
4. To sync the data of already linked Jira project, go to Projects > Project / Release / Cycle from QMetry. Open the Project > Jira Integration tab. Click the Sync button against your Jira Project to sync the requirements and issues from Jira.
A. Sync All : Enabling this check-box and clicking the sync will sync complete data between QMetry and Jira (syncing all the Jira assets to QMetry).
B. Sync : Clicking on the sync button without enabling the Sync All check-box would just sync the updated assets from Jira. "Sync" option should be used when there are structural changes made in Jira like adding new fields, updating of the existing fields in Jira layouts, or when the QMetry-Jira integration was stuck or broken due to some reason.