QMetry allows its users to export selected/all requirements out of QMetry in XLSX and CSV file format in a single click. Users can save the file on to the computer drive. Users with User Role that has “Export” rights assigned for the Requirement module can export requirements. Role based user access control for the module is managed under Administration > Roles. If the role assigned to the user does not have rights to export requirements, the Export option will appear in disabled mode for that user.
Why would you export requirements from QMetry?
Bulk requirements for a particular project are being maintained in QMetry. A change request comes from the customer, which require corresponding modifications in multiple requirements. QA Manager decides to update requirements in Excel file. So the team exports the requirements to Excel, makes required changes in the file and imports that excel file back into QMetry through the Requirement module.
1. Go to the Requirement module.
2. Select the folder on the tree.
3. The content on grid pane at right depends on the folder that you select on the tree. The grid pane at right displays requirement records for the folder.
You can apply Filter criteria to requirement records to export only preferred requirements.
4. Click on the cog icon Bulk Operations.
at the top right corner on the toolbar and select
The next screen opens with the list of operations.
Step 1 Choose Operation: Select Export and click Next.
Step 2 Select records: Select requirements you want to export by selecting individual requirements.
You can apply filters on records to export only selective records. From the filtered records, you can also select individual records to export exclusively.
- Export All Records: Click on the Export All Records link to select all the records across pages to export.
Once you are done with selecting requirements, click Next.
Step 3 Requirement Export Options
Select options to export requirement:
Field Export Options
- Visible Fields: Select the option to export only visible fields on the screen. The export will exclude the columns which are hidden.
- All Fields: Select the option to export all the fields irrespective of whether the columns are visible or hidden.
Select Export Format
The confirmation message pops up.
Click "Yes" to proceed.
A notification is displayed in the notification window.
You can view the progress in the Scheduled Task window by clicking on the Scheduled Task button
on the application header. This allows scheduled exports to run in the background and allows users to continue with their other work.
Refer to Notification Window for Export Progress for more details.