QMetry allows its users to export test cases out of QMetry in Excel file. User can save the file onto the computer drive. The Export button is available on the toolbar of the grid pane. Users with the “Export” right for the Test Case module can export test cases. Role based user access control for the module is managed under User Management > Roles. If the role assigned to the user does not have rights to export test cases, the Export option will appear in the disabled mode for that user.
You can export details of test assets in XLSX, CSV and PDF.
Export Test Cases to Excel
1. Go to the Test Case module.
2. Select the folder on the tree.
3. The content on grid pane at the right depends on the folder that you selected on the tree. The grid pane at right displays test case records for the folder.
You can apply Filter criteria to test case records to export only preferred test cases.
4. Click on the cog icon Export.
at the top right corner on the toolbar and select
The next screen opens to select the format to export the test assets.
Select from XLSX / CSV and click Next.
Step 2 Select records: Select test cases you want to export by selecting individual test cases. Once you are done with selecting test cases, click Next.
- Export All Records: Click on the Export All Records link to select all the records across pages to export.
Step 3 Test Case Export Options
Select options to export test case:
Test Case Export Options
- Export Test Cases with steps in multiple rows: It will export test cases with steps arranged in multiple rows of excel sheet.
- Export Test Cases with steps in single row: It will export test cases with steps included in a single cell.
- Export Test Cases without Steps: It will export test cases without steps.
Field Export Options
- Visible Fields: Select the option to export only visible fields on the List view screen. The export will exclude the columns which are hidden;
Note : The test case description and step description fields are included in the export irrespective of any field export options.
- All Fields: Select the option to export all the fields irrespective of whether the columns are visible or hidden.
The confirmation window pops up. Click "Yes" to proceed.
A message pops up to view notification for the export progress. You can view the progress in the notification window on the application header. This allows scheduled exports to run in the background and allows users to continue with their other work.
To download the xlsx/csv file, go to the Scheduled Tasks section.
Refer to Notification Window for Export Progress for more details.
Export Test Cases to PDF
You can export a single test case as well as bulk test cases to PDF.
Export a Single Test Case to PDF
To view the test case detail in PDF, open the Combined View tab on the test case detail page. Click on the PDF icon on the header.
The PDF containing the test asset details is downloaded.
eSignature feature: If the eSignature feature is enable for project, then the report also includes Approval Workflow details for the test case.
Export Test Cases in Bulk to PDF
Users can export bulk test cases to PDF.
The feature enables users to export test cases into PDF, which makes it easy for users to print and store the test case details in hard copies. It saves users time in exporting individual test cases into PDF.
You can sort test cases in the required order before bulk exporting them to a PDF.
Go to the Test Cases module.
Click on the cog icon on the toolbar and select Export.
3. Select PDF option and click Next.
4. Select test cases you want to export the details of. Make sure you sort the records as per your requirement to display them on the PDF.
- Select All: Select the option to select all the test cases across pages. Maximum 50 test cases can be selected at a time.
5. Click Export.
A confirmation message pops up. Click Yes to proceed.
6. To export the PDF, go to Scheduled Tasks.
You can download the PDF from Scheduled Tasks section.